MuleIt - Safe Usage Guide
Welcome! Now that you've created your MuleIt account, please take a moment to review our recommendations for safe and effective transactions with other users on our site.
For Travellers and Mules:
1. Be sure to read listings thoroughly, including pick-up/drop-off locations, item dimensions, weight and any special instructions before committing to provide service.
2. Be sure that the compensation offered is appropriate to the fuel used in your vehicle before you commit to provide service. Certain vehicles with different capacity types can use different amounts of fuel. You can attempt to negotiate with other users but do not ask for more than a fair cost to provide service. Also be sure that you have the correct capacity to complete a service without damage to the cargo.
Additional information on towing weights can be found at several of our suggested links:
- VEHQ.com - How Much Weight Can a Truck Carry
- Carry-ontrailer.com - How to Determine Your Trailer Tow Limit
3. When you arrive to pick up cargo, be prepared for other users to ask for your MuleID or view your vehicle's license plate for security and verification purposes. You are also required before you load the cargo, to confirm that the cargo you are picking up is consistent with the listing you have accepted, and that no misrepresentation is taking place. If for whatever reason you have any doubt that an item is being accurately and honestly represented, do not accept it and report the incident to us immediately using our feedback box or . This is meant to keep all parties on MuleIt safe and accountable. MuleIt keeps a record of all transactions.
4. We suggest that a deposit & payment style system be used. Example: parties should agree to a deposit amount when an item is picked up and the remainder be paid when the item is delivered.
5. ALWAYS practice safe Covid-19 interaction practices such as social distancing, mask wearing and hand sanitizing while interacting with others, and treat others with respect and honesty.
6. We suggest you take photos of items in order to verify the condition of items both at pickup and delivery. This can help to confirm you have taken care to keep your items from damage during transport.
For Listers of Items:
1. Be sure to verify that all of the information you have provided is accurate, before confirming the listing.
2. Be sure that the compensation you offer considers the fuel used by an appropriate vehicle capable of carrying your item's capacity type. Certain vehicles with different capacity types can use different amounts of fuel.
3. Also be sure that you have the correct capacity type selected to meet your item's requirements.
4. We encourage boxing of smaller items for simplicity of transport as well as photos of items or areas where damage could be possible, to create accountability.
5. We suggest at time of pickup that you verify your traveller's identification via MuleID, license plate or other method before you load cargo for transport.
6. We suggest that a deposit & payment style system be used. Example: parties should agree to a deposit amount when an item is picked up and the remainder be paid when the item is delivered.
7. ALWAYS practice safe Covid-19 interaction practices such as social distancing, mask wearing and hand sanitizing while interacting with others.
MuleIt does not tolerate any abusive language, threats, or any hostile actions of any kind towards other users on our site or in person. All users are expected to act in a respectful manner towards one another. Failure to do so will result in negative ratings, account suspension, or account termination.